One of the favorite Chili recipes came from a tailgate barbecue. When you are tailgating the name of the game is slow cooking. Below is an amazing recipe that really rocks it. Burnt Ends turned into chili! It’s a recipe that will put native Kansas Citians to crying! This recipe is easy to prepare ahead of time and bring to this Sunday’s tailgate or football watch party!
- 2 Tablespoons Fat (Clarified from cooking the brisket)
- 1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Jalapeño (Diced Fine)
- 2 LB Burnt Ends
- 1 Cup Beef Broth (Low Sodium)
- 40 Oz White Navy Beans
- 56 Oz Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Chile Powder (Grind it yourself)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 Stick Cinnamon (Broken into two pieces)
- In a large dutch oven add your clarified fat over medium heat. Allow this to melt. Add in your onion and garlic and saute until the onion is softened. Add the spices and the Jalapeno. Saute until the spices start to release their oils and the smell is fragrant.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients. Allow to simmer for 2 hours (depending on your taste). This is excellent with bread, tortilla chips, sour cream, cilantro and cheddar cheese.