This Yogurt Lemon and Mint Grilled Chicken recipe will produce the moistest, tender and juicy chicken you have ever had! This is a fantastic recipe for summer or if you want a blast of summer in the dark cold of winter!
This recipe has its origins in middle eastern cuisine. I adore food from the middle east with its perfect use of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes and olive oils with very lean meats and the use of the fruits of the sea. I associate clean and fresh flavors to this region and I think that is why the flavors appeal to my pallet.
This simple marinade of yogurt, lemon, garlic, and herbs will infuse your chicken with very subtle flavors of the middle east and the double bonus is the marinade also is a sauce for the chicken. This recipe not only makes a great family-pleasing dinner, the leftovers are perfect for an amazing sandwich or thrown on top of a spinach salad.
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil for the grill
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves mashed into a paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley that has been finely minced plus 1 additional tablespoon for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves that have been finely minced plus 1 additional tablespoon for garnish
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup pitted green olives for garnish
- 1 sliced lemon for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1/3 cup olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, mint and salt. Then transfer 1/2 of the mixture to another bowl, cover it and refrigerate.
- Place the chicken breasts in the bowl and toss to coat completely with the yogurt mixture.
- Cover with plastic film and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Remove the chicken from it's marinade and reserve the reserved marinade from the fridge.
- Pre-heat your grill to a medium-high heat. When the grill is at temp, brush the grill with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add the breasts to the grill and cook, turn often, grill until the chicken is evenly grilled on both sides until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the grill to a platter, tent with foil, and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with the reserved marinade and enjoy!