The Best Potato Salad Recipe
Potato Salads means different things to different people. I have a love affair with Potato Salad. Not the everyday potato salad that you can get out of those gallon paper box containers, but real rich flavored potato salad that, when you eat it with a great piece of barbecue it is transformative. This is my version of potato salad, however, I would encourage to adapt from this great recipe to truly make it yours.
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped marjoram leaves
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 pounds boiled Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- Kosher Salt and Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir the basil, marjoram, thyme and mayonnaise. Cover and allow to refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- In another bowl, combine onion, vinegar and set aside at room temperature for 15 minutes. Drain.
- In a larger bowl, combine the potatoes, onions, eggs, kosher salt and pepper. Add the mayo mixture and toss to combine.
- Place in the fridge to allow to chill completely.