Roasted Peppered Chicken
If you love Chicken and you love the deep heat of the pepper, this recipe is just the one for you. This peppered chicken get’s its heat from three different pepper sources, so if you like it hot and you are bored with your everyday grilled chicken, try this to spice up the day to day.
I love pepper, so in the last 30 minutes of the cook, I added some fresh cracked black pepper to the chicken breasts. It’s Amazing!
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup Red Pepper Jelly
- 1 Cup Water
- Your favorite Chicken Rub
- Chili Powder
- In a medium sauce pan combine the water and jelly for about 10 minutes. Whisk until it starts to reach medium consistency.
- Season the chicken with the rub and chili powder. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Allow to preheat for at least 15 minutes. Place the chicken on a half sheet pan and baste the chicken with the pepper syrup. Turn the chicken over and baste every 15 minutes for an additional 30 minutes.
- Allow the chicken to roast at 300 degrees F for an hour and 15 minutes basting every 30 minutes. When the chicken has reached 170 degrees F with an instant-read thermometer until the glaze is finished.
- Remove the chicken and serve the chicken while it is hot.
- Hardwood Choice: Mesquite and Pear