This is a hearty cold weather dish for breakfast. It is nutritious and the earthy root vegetable mix goes perfectly with an over easy egg.
Root Vegetable Hash
Write a review
- 1 pound red or yellow beets, or use a combination
- 1/2 pound peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 pound Yukon Gold or boiling potatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt and fresh black ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim the stems and tails from the beets and peel them, then dice into 1/2-inch cubes. Dice the sweet and Yukon Gold potatoes into the same 1/2-inch dice. Peel and chop the onion.
- Pour the oil into a roasting pan. Add the vegetables, spread into a single layer, and sprinkle with the minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast, stir every 15 minutes to scrape any browned bits, for 45 to 50 minutes. Stir in the parsley.
- Divide the vegetable hash among 4 plates. You can serve with a poached egg or fried egg.
Marinate Me Baby http://marinatemebaby.com/