This Pickled Beet Salad is my favorite way to eat beets. You can add them over leafy greens, tangy creamy chevre goat cheese, pecans and you are home!
Pickled Beet Salad
Write a review
- 2 pounds medium fresh beets, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup white wine, or cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Cut off the leaves from the beets and leave about 1 inch of the stem attached. Scrub the beets to remove any dirt. Place the beets in a large saucepan and cover with cold water by about 2 inches. Bring the water to a boil, lower the heat, cover and allow to simmer until it is fork tender, about 25 minutes. Then Drain.
- When the beets have cooled, trim and peel and slice the beets the beets and toss in a medium bowl with the onion.
- In a small saucepan bring the sugar, vinegar, water and salt to the boil. Stir to dissolve. Then pour immediately over the beets and onion. Allow to refrigerate overnight before you serve.
Marinate Me Baby http://marinatemebaby.com/