Leek and Parmesan Quiche
Write a review
- 1 frozen 9-inch pie shell
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup finely chopped leeks, white and light green points only (about 2 leeks)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher Salt and Fresh cracked black pepper
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Remove the pie shell from the freezer and allow to thaw until it is just soft to a touch of a fork (about 20 minutes). Use the fork and poke holes in the bottom and the sides and bake on the center rack until it is lightly golden, about 15 minutes. Then turn the oven down to 325 degrees F.
- In a small saute pan over a medium-low heat melt the butter. Add the leeks and season with a pinch of kosher salt and pepper. Cook while stirring occasionally, until leeks turn very soft, for about 15 minutes. Do not brown. Taste and adjust the seasoning slightly. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, thyme, nutmeg, Parmesan cheese and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix well.
- Spread the leek mixture over the pre-baked pie shell, take care not to puncture the crust as it may still be fragile around the edges). Now pour the egg mixture over the top. Place in the oven and allow to bake at 325 degrees for 45-55 minutes, or until the custard has set and is still moist. Best when it is served hot or warm.
Marinate Me Baby http://marinatemebaby.com/