Tzatziki Sauce Greek Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Yes, this is that white sauce that made your Greek Gyro so fantastic. This velvety sauce is so simple to make and so inexpensive, I bet you have all the ingredients in your refrigerator and pantry right now. Why not makeup 2 or 3 gallons of this (joking, but not joking) as this is the perfect condiment for any grilled meat!
- 3 cups Greek Style yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large English style cucumber, diced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Peel the cucumbers and dice. Place them in a colander and sprinkle with the tablespoon of salt that will allow the water to be drawn out. Cover this with a plate and sit something that is heavy on the top. Let this sit for 30 minutes. Drain well and wipe dry with a paper towel.
- In a food processor or blender, add cucumbers, garlic, lemon juice, dill and add a few pinches of black pepper. Process until well blended, then stir into yogurt. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Place in the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving so the flavors can blend.
- You can keep this in the refrigerator for a few days, however you will need to drain off any residual water that collects and stir the contents each time you will use it.