The Best Hamburger Recipe and Secret Sauce
Folks, let’s be candid with each other. Every guy thinks as himself as the world’s greatest grilling expert. If you love one of us you might have given up the territory that the grill occupies on the back patio/porch long ago. Frankly, I would say ladies it’s time to reclaim the territory at least for Father’s Day and give dear old Dad a break on his great day.
- 1 pound ground beef (80/20)
- Hamburger buns
- 1/2 cup Monterrey jack cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup of your favorite bbq sauce
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- onion powder
- 3/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- season salt
- In a large mixing bowl combine the ground beef, grated cheese, bbq sauce and seasonings until well incorporated. Be careful not to over mix as it will turn the burger mushy.
- Shape the patties to a 1-inch thickness. This should yield about 5 patties.
- Grill your burgers to the desired doneness on a medium-high grill.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a medium mixing bowl until well combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- This sauce should resemble a secret sauce that is sold at a famous burger joint that has arches.