Marinated Mozzarella Cherry Tomato Basil Salad
Are you shedding the frost of Winter too? I am so ready to eat something fresh and that is emblematic of spring’s first harvest of Cherry Tomatoes. You too? Fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil are a classic combination and when you splash them with balsamic vinegar you are making a Caprese salad.
This recipe is a perfect side dish with any grilled meat. So get the patio furniture out and fire up the grill and don’t forget to make this Marinated Mozzarella Cherry Tomato Basil Salad tonight!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1 pound mozzarella balls
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pint (2 cups) cherry tomatoes
- In a blender combine the oil and basil and pulse 3 times
- In a medium bowl add the mozzarella and pour the oil and basil over top and taste, season with kosher salt and pepper. Cover and allow the mixture to marinade for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- After the marinade is complete add the tomatoes and vinegar and toss to mix completely. Adjust the seasoning as desired, and serve.