This is a very easy recipe so you can make an easy homemade beer mustard that gets it’s spicy kick from fresh habanero peppers. Once you have tried homemade mustard, you won’t waste your money on store bought brands anymore!
Habanero Beer Mustard Recipe
- 1 cup brown mustard seeds
- 1 1/3 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup beer
- 2 habanero peppers (ribs and seeds removed) chopped (you can add up to 6 if you would like to bring the heat)
- 6 tablespoons honey
- kosher salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl add both types of mustard seeds. Pour the vinegar and beer over the seeds, and stir to combine. Cover this with plastic wrap and allow it to sit on the counter for about 12 hours.
- Scoop out about 2/3 cup of the liquid off the top and reserve for later.
- Pour the rest of the contents into a food processor or a blender and add the habanero peppers, honey and kosher salt.
- Pulse until you reach the desired texture.
- If you find the mustard is too thick, add in the reserved liquid a tablespoon at a time until you achieve your desired texture.
- Poor the mustard into mason jars or other types of airtight containers and then store it in the fridge.
- The flavor will deepen over time.