Grilled Asparagus was never on my menu in the first few years of owning my grill. I was like any guy. I just thought my grill was a super awesome method of getting great flavors out of meat and seafood. Then, I was asked by my wife to make a side dish.
Side dish? I was a little dismayed at the thought, for a second and then it was a challenge. I didn’t have to look far – my wife’s favorite vegetable is Asparagus and with just a little oil, salt, and pepper and cooking it over the high heat of my grill the natural flavor of asparagus was unleashed.
You can add bacon or pancetta and it is great. However, the best part of this recipe is its simplicity.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the grill for high heat
- In a pan lightly coat the asparagus spears with olive oil.
- Season with the kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the spears on high heat for 3 minutes, or to the preferred tenderness.