This Easy Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken is simply truth in advertising. The title doesn’t lie. This dish is simply delicious. It also happens to have a happy side effect of being rather healthy! And and if you are like my family, this dish yielded leftovers for lunch the next day or two for my Wife and me. This recipe is perfect for the slow cooker, while you can use this recipe working on the stove top, however, this recipe will focus on the easy version of this recipe. I think I want to slow jam this Recipe (imagine the Jazz Music):
By now, you should have a slow cooker (Oh yea!). If you do not have one, you need to do yourself and your taste buds a favor and go and buy yourself one. You can find one as low as $50 on Amazon, or you can find Fagor version that I use at KitchenKneads.com. It’s a good investment in you and your kitchen.
This recipe is a versatile one. Those are the best kind (Oh yea!) as they are not just one trick pony. You can serve them over brown rice, with a little avocado, cilantro and a squeeze of lime and it would be sublime. This works perfect in a bun, it is excellent as an addition to nachos. The options are endless! (That’s Right!)
Easy Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups salsa (you can use store bought or home made)
- 1 can corn kernels - drained
- 1 can black beans - drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Avocado slices
- chopped cilantro
- lime wedges
- hot sauce
- Place the chicken in the base of the slow cooker.
- Pour the black beans, corn, and salsa over the chicken and add the spices on top.
- Mix this all together until the chicken breasts are well coated and all the spices are mixed.
- Set your slow cooker to low, and allow to cook for six hours.
- Remove the chicken to a separate container, and shred with two forks or meat rakes before you serve.
- Serve this with cilantro, avocado and a squeeze of lime and enjoy!