Sausage and Lentil Soup is one of my very favorite dishes that exist on Carrabba’s menu! I am just like you, I love to go out to eat to try new foods so I can try them at home. My family first became acquainted with Carrabba’s when I lived in Las Vegas. It’s such a great establishment. Whenever we go there, I literally try a ton of their menu. Soup, a side salad, entree and of course one of their amazing desserts.
What I love about this recipe, is it a one pot meal. Just use a dutch oven to brown the meat. This recipe is perfect for freezing, so feel free to make enough and freeze half so you can enjoy this recipe two times for the effort of just one meal.
Carrabba’s Sausage and Lentil Soup
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 14.5 ounces can diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 2 cups dry lentils
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
- Fresh basil, oregano and shredded Parmesan for garnish
- In a dutch oven, brown the sausage on a medium/high heat, crumble the meat as you cook it. When the sausage is almost cooked, add the garlic and allow it to cook.
- Combine all the other ingredients with the sausage and garlic and allow to come to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover. Let it simmer for about 1 hour or until the lentils are tender. If you find the soup too thick, add water for the desired consistency.
- Ladle the soup into individual serving bowls, top with basil, oregano and shaved Parmesan cheese for garnish.