In Alabama, there is a vinegary sauce that uses a mayo as it’s base that might not be up to the color of your traditional red you have been used to. However, this Alabama Style BBQ Sauce deserves a discussion along with the other country’s great BBQ sauces.
It is likely that your local mega-mart store’s shelf is lined with rows and rows of the cans of the more common red sauce if you want to know how this sauce tastes you are likely going to have to make it on your own. This BBQ sauce is some of the best you will find, and the extra kick that is supplied by the addition of hot sauce makes this a perfect option for the next time you are doing something with poultry on the Grill.
Alabama-Style BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup Hellman's (Best Food west of the Mississippi River)
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly grinded
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the above ingredients and whisk until completely incorporated.
- Place the sauce in an air-tight container and seal with the lid.
- Cover, label and date the lid and refrigerate it until needed.