One of the best things about fresh tilapia is it doesn’t need a ton of seasoning and has a mild flavor. Just add a bit of kosher salt, lime pepper and a sprinkle of paprika and you will have a delicious fish dish! This firm flesh fish can hold up to longer cooking times and yields an amazing flavor when you slow roast it in the smoker.
Smoked Paprika Tilapia Recipe
- 4-5 fresh tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Use a brush to coat the tilapia fillets with the margarine. Sprinkle with the paprika, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Preheat your smoker to 200 degrees F and add wood chips. Smoke the fish until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. This will take about an hour.