Oven Roasted Lamb Rack with Cider, Apples, and Mint
Angry Orchard's - Oven Roasted Lamb Rack
Write a review
- • 2 8 bone lamb racks, frenched
- • 2 Gala Apples, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- • ¼ cup light brown sugar
- • ½ cup butter
- • ½ cup Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Cider
- • 6 leaves of mint, chopped
- • 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- • Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat a dry 12-inch heavy bottom pan (or oven safe pan) over high heat until hot, at least 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pat lamb dry and rub meat all over with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to hot skillet, then brown racks, one at a time.
- Remove racks from the pan and wrap the bones in aluminum foil.
- Wipe skillet out and return the racks to the skillet with the bones facing up and the meat facing towards the outside of the pan.
- Place pan in the oven and roast 15-20 minutes or until thermometer inserted diagonally into center of meat registers 120°F.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and transfer to a plate. Let stand, loosely covered in foil for 10 minutes.
- Pour out all but 1 tablespoon of collected fat from the pan.
- Add in the apple pieces, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, and half the butter.
Marinate Me Baby http://marinatemebaby.com/