Spice Rubbed Tri-Tip Steak with Cider Onion Relish
Angry Orchard's - Spice Rubbed Tri-Tip Steak with Cider Onion Relish
Write a review
Spice Rub Recipe
- o 2 tablespoons finely ground coffee
- o 1 ½ tablespoons kosher salt
- o 1 ½ tablespoons granulated garlic
- o 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- o 1 teaspoon black pepper
- o 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- o ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- o ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- o ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- o 1 (2.5 pound) Tri-Tip Roast
- o 2 medium size Vidalia onions, sliced finely
- o ¼ cup butter, cubed
- o 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- o ¼ Cup Angry Orchard Crisp Apple
- o 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- o Salt and black pepper to taste
- Mix together all the ingredients in the spice rub.
- Rub the Tri-Tip liberally with spice mixture and allow it to marinate overnight.
- Remove it from the fridge for an hour before cooking.
- Place onions, butter, a pinch of salt and pepper and the sugar in a pan over medium heat. Cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and stir the onions.
- Turn the heat up to medium high and cook until the onions are caramelized.
- Deglaze with the cider and vinegar. Remove from heat and reserve for later use.
- Place the Tri-Tip on your grill over medium heat. Allow the meat to cook on one side for 10 minutes before flipping over and allowing the other side to cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow the meat to rest for an additional 10 minutes.
- Slice against the grain and serve with the onion relish.
Marinate Me Baby http://marinatemebaby.com/