This Hatch Green Chile and Mushroom Pork Chop recipe at first blush had me questioning if indeed Green Chilies and mushrooms would work. At First. Once, I tasted this… let me correct this. Once my family tasted this, it was all over. The dish was completely consumed. There wasn’t a teaspoon of this Green Chile Mushroom sauce left and my son ate mushrooms. We moved from mushrooms are “gross Dad” to “What’s in it”?
Being the savvy Father, I just told him “soup”. My son’s response “Cool”. So maybe this should be, how Dad became cool by serving Green Chile and Mushroom Pork Chop’s dish. Or, maybe I should just take solace that there was a battle and Dad didn’t lose this battle. Ha! That might be a complete picture of what occurred.
Mom’s and Dad’s this recipe couldn’t be easier & it would be a perfect slow cooker recipe. You would just need to pre-cook your pork chops prior to placing all the ingredients in your slow cooker, and Voilà! You have a perfect and comforting pork chop dish that your entire family will just eat very single bite! My version takes about 40 minutes on the stove top. In the slow cooker, it will take 4 hours on high and 7-8 hours on low.
- 4 pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 10.75 ounce can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 4 ounce can of Hatch diced Green Chile's
- Season the pork chops with the salt, pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet, brown the pork chops over a medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, and mushrooms and saute for about two minutes. Add the chilies and cream of mushroom soup over the chops. Cover. Reduce the temperature to a medium-low and allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the chops are completely cooked through.
- Serve over a bed of rice, and garnish with fresh cilantro.