I’m always on the prowl for a quick, healthy and flavorful side dish that pairs well with a meaty main or can stand on its own. Side dishes shouldn’t have a huge list of ingredients or a massive amount of steps to follow. The end goal is to have something that’s warm and filling without a lot of work.
Cauliflower fits my criteria. It’s often overlooked on your dinner plate and in the store. This vegetable isn’t any harder to cook than it’s cousin broccoli and has, in my opinion, more flavor. When you combine smokey spices and roast it this Spicy Roasted Cauliflower is a home run!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lemon, juice only (lime can be substituted)
- Fresh cilantro
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Cut any large florets into half so that the pieces are approximatly the same size.
- Lightly crush the spices in a mortar and pestle.
- Toss the cauliflower with olive oil, spices and a pinch of kosher salt and pepper.
- In a baking dish, transfer the cauliflower and bake for 40 to 45 minutes until cooked through and it has become lightly browned. Stir once halfway through to ensure they are evenly cooked.
- When done, spritz with the juice from the lemons and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve Warm.