Shredded Root Beer Chicken Sandwiches
We love this recipe for Shredded Root Beer Chicken Sandwiches here at the Marinate Me Baby Test kitchen. Why? Well, since you asked… it is simple. We love not being in the kitchen during hot summer months and having food taste like we spent hours just working our hind quarters off to make it delicious.
We are such fans of Crock Pot cooking, that you will find several different ideas here on this website. However, if you only make one recipe, make this one. Chicken is awesome in a crock pot since it doesn’t dry out. Couple this with Root Beer – I think you will agree it’s pretty fantastic.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup root beer
- 1 cup your favorite bbq sauce
- Combine all the dry ingredients and sprinkle this rub mixture over each piece of chicken and place in your crock pot.
- Pour the root beer and bbq sauce over the chicken.
- Place the slow cooker on low and allow to cook for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the chicken, and shred with meet rakes or forks and then return to the sauce and allow to cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve on Rolls and a Icy Cold Root Beer.