This is a phenomenal way to experience corn. You will find that it brings flavors alive that you never knew possible with the simple, humble corn cob. This is a great recipe for family-style, allowing your guests assemble their corn individually. Just set the ingredients out and let them mix and match however they wish to do so.
- vegetable oil (for brushing)
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 8 Ears corn (husked)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (or Mexican Creme)
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 lime (cut into 8 wedges)
- Prepare your grill to a medium-hot fire. Brush the grill grates with oil. Combine in a small bowl the chile powder and cayenne pepper until well mixed.
- Grill the corn, turn occasionally with tongs, until it is cooked through and has a slight char on the outside. This should take about 10 minutes. Remove this from the grill and brush each ear with 1 1/2 teaspoon of mayonnaise. Sprinkle each ear with 1 tablespoon cheese and just a pinch of the chile powder mixture. To complete the taste squeeze 1 lime wedge over each ear and serve.