Let’s both admit that Potato Salads can tend to be a little on the bland side, unless you do something that gives it a little pop. My wife loves Honey Mustard dressing, so lightbulb! Why not create a creamy version of the potato salad classic and give it a tangy and wonderful flavor?!
Serve this along side any of your favorite protein during a nice picnic or grill fest and you will find this potato salad will hold it’s own!
- 2 1/2 Pounds small red potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons vinegar
- 3/4 cups chopped green pepper
- 1 Small red onion (chopped)
- 5 Tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup honey-dijon salad dressing
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 hard-cooked eggs (chopped)
- In a large pot place the red potatoes and cover with water with two teaspoons of salt. Bring this to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and allow to cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender to a fork. Drain and cool
- Once cool, cube the potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle the with the vinegar. Mix in the green peppers, onions, pickles, remaining salt and pepper.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing, mustard and hard cooked egg. Pour this mixture over the potatoes; toss to coat. Cover and allow to refrigerate for at least 1 hour.