If you haven’t noticed by now, the sauces that are shared here are based on a theme: sweet & heat. This recipe is no different as it gives us a nice sweet with the pomegranate molasses to counter the cayenne pepper that is awaiting in the background. The nice part of it is, the first couple of bites you will get the sensation of a sweet well flavored BBQ sauce. Then, slowly the heat will start to build on your taste buds and know that you are dealing with just your regular and average sauce.
I have seen variations on this recipe that had no less than 20+ ingredients? This is BBQ sauce. It’s not fine dining. I am delighted to share this recipe with you. This is fantastic on chicken, turkey, pork, and veggies! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 Tablesooons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons pmegranate molasses
- 2 Tablesooons honey
- 1 tablespoon oil (sunflower seed)
- 1 teaspoon mustard (yellow)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika (ground)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together the ingredients until it makes a smooth paste.
- Cover with plastic wrap until you are ready to use.
- This barbecue sauce can be made and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks prior.