Goodwood BBQ is a chain of BBQ restaurants from a group in Boise, ID. While, chains “are not my bag baby” – since this was a BBQ company I have made an exception to my normal rule. I was raised in Riverdale – and for the longest time we heard rumors that Riverdale was going to revitalize our frontage to Riverdale Road.
Riverdale Road is the equivalent to Redwood Road or State Street in Salt Lake County. Car dealership after car dealership and for the longest time dilapidated businesses & strip malls. Then, development – and across from their competition Ruby River they open up shop. So, I have been here a few hundred times and I would like to provide you the following:
- What to Avoid
Carolina Pork Sandwich: If you have ever loved East North Carolina tangy bbq sauce, this is your sandwich. Topped with coleslaw – this is the sandwich your mom never fed you. It is good stuff.
Barbecue Brisket Sandwich: They do a nice job of smoking their brisket. It’s tender and topped with BBQ sauce. I generally ask for the BBQ sauce on the side as they can over cover their lovely smoked meat – which, I think should be a crime punishable in these United States.
Children’s Meals: They have a children’s meals here. They have a rib, that isn’t too bad. However, my son goes with what most your kids would go for. Hot Dog and Apples with Chocolate Sauce. Ask the wait staff they will do it for you.
Not Pictured Here:
- Mopped Delmonico Steak: This is a Rib Eye Steak – it is smoked and then grilled and brushed with their house BBQ sauce. It is a very nice 12 oz steak for 18$
- Sweeeeet Chicken: This is marinated in a sherry, pineapple juice, soy sauce mixture. It is very flavorful dish – really good.
- Fresh-Brewed Sweet Tea: Trust me by the time your done, you will have downed 20 of these.
What to Avoid:
- Friday Nights: This place gets a little crazy, and the wait staff will forget your drink orders, meal tickets as they are running with their heads cut off. I would go in for a 3PM service to avoid this mess.
- Smoked Turkey Breast: This is a deal breaker for me as a Food Enthusiast. Goodwood is at best inconsistent in their Turkey moistness after the smoking process. Either they are smoking it at too hot of a temp, or they just don’t know how to do it. Avoid this on the BBQ Platters.
- There doesn’t appear to be a gluten free menu option. So if you are sensitive, order with caution.
GoodWood Barbecue Company
4237 S. Riverdale Road
Riverdale, UT 84405