Rivertown Bistro is in the heart of the historic downtown of Conway, South Carolina. Their location was a little chore to park – however, when we arrived – the establishment was impeccably clean, open and had a nice relaxed atmosphere.
They offer a seasonal menu of the best of what the local area has to offer. Their roots are in a French, American Southern Soul food. We dined on the upstairs deck that had a great view of the historic downtown.
I am a big fan of open kitchen concepts. I like to hear the bustle of a kitchen, hear the staff talk with each other – in my mind it enhances the experience of going out to dinner. For this visit – it was lunch with some colleagues.
Rivertown has a great appetizer selections. The popular option from our group and the wait staff were the yam chips with a smoked tomato ranch. $9
Parmesan encrusted snapper, spinach and tomato risotto, basil butter and an oven roasted tomato/balsamic gastric. $15 (this was a lunch portion – normally it’s on the dinner menu for $25)
Lunch portions are fairly hearty as you can see. while I was only able to visit this establishment once on my visit here are some recommendations from the staff:
- Starter: Crawfish AuGratin: Fried Zucchini, smoked cheddar and red pepper cream. $9
- Starter: Pimiento Cheesecake: Sauteéd peas, wild mushrooms, pita, fig vincotto. $8
- Starter: Butter Poached Lobster Tail: leeks, bacon, sweet potato, white truffle vinaigrette, bearnaise. $15
- Dinner: Chargrilled Prime Pork Flatiron w.Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Collards, Mongolian BBQ Sauce $21
- Dinner: Filet of Beef w.Wild Mushroom soy butter, bacon pimiento cheese twice backed potato, grilled vegetables $26
- They suggested adding the butter poached lobster tail (4oz) for and additional $12
1111 3rd Ave
Conway, SC 29526
Open for lunch Tuesday – Sunday 11.30am – 2.00pm
Supper Tuesday – Saturday 5.00pm – 10.00pm
Happy Hour in the Bar Tuesday – Saturday 5pm – 7pm